What colleges have a degree in Intelligence or National Security?

I’m looking for a college with a degree in Intelligence or national security, I know that Point Park University has one but are there others and where are they?

Be Sociable, Share!

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 7th, 2010 at 9:16 am and is filed under Security college. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2 Responses to “What colleges have a degree in Intelligence or National Security?”

  1. John Scott Says:

    VMI (Virginia Military Institute) offers a minor in science and security.

  2. John Scott Says:

    Actually, if your aspirations are for a career in the clandestine services (CIA, NSA, etc) you would be wise to pursue a technical specialty. The federal government is looking for people with degrees in languages (Arabic, Farcee, Chinese are a plus), highly technical skills like computer science, math, and engineering. You could also consider International Relations, but, with a non-technical degree and not being fluent in languages (you will be tested!), it is a very tough selection process for a government job. Most government agencies will teach you what you need to know for your intelligence career, but first, they look for a degree that shows a high-level of aptitude for the profession. The program you are talking about is geared more toward a career in local law enforcement regardless of what they say. Don’t believe me, go to the websites for the CIA, NSA, DIA, FBI, or Secret Service and look at their requirements for employment. Also, consider the military for intelligence training (but make sure you are guaranteed the training you seek in writing). Best of luck.


About - Contact - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service