Quinnipiac University – reviews?

Looking for a student(s) reviews of Qunnipiac University… ideally would get a large review like CollegeProwler provides (but doesn’t for this university). So here are a few questions…

– I’ve been reading a few reviews which say the housing is quite bad. However, when I visited I believe they said they were building more? So what is the current housing situation and would you say it’s poor/OK/good/great?

-Another matter that I’m concerned about is diversity. From what I’ve read the general student body doesn’t seem very diverse and also sounds pretty close-minded? How are students towards political/religious/ethnicity/sexual orientation differences?

– A few reviews complained of the lack of “stuff to do”.. however, don’t free shuttles run into New Haven during the week too? I saw that they run until 1am on Sun-Wed and 3am Thurs-Sat (or something similar). Having some type of a music scene is pretty important to me, so I’m quite glad that New Haven has Toad’s Place…. also being within reach of NY/Providence/Boston is a major draw for me.

– I’m looking to possibly major in their “Interactive Digital Design” – anyone who takes this or a similar major, has it been what you expected and are you happy with it?

Anything else that you’d like to add!! Food, dorms, campus, security… anything and everything thank you!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 21st, 2010 at 8:04 am and is filed under University security. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

One Response to “Quinnipiac University – reviews?”

1. John Scott Says:

Quinnipiac is not really close to anything which is why people feel isolated and stranded there. Boston is 2 hours away and NYC is nearly 2 hours. New Haven is quite rough not a destination by any stretch. Not a rich school it is lacking in facilities what you would get at richer schools like Ivy League and Patriot League schools which have much more $$$ to work with..

As an example, Quinnipiac has 7500 total student population and an endowment of $223 million.

Holy Cross has only 2800 students but endowment of $660 million.

About - Contact - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service